Hippeard Named Offensive Player of the Week
BALTIMORE, MD - The Arena Football League announced today that Brigade quarterback Randy Hippeard has been named Week 9's Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Albany Empire. Hippeard threw for 270 yards and eight touchdowns in a 59-56 win that gave Baltimore sole possession of first place in the AFL standings. Hippeard's eight touchdowns are a season-high for the 2017 league MVP and set an all-time Brigade single-game record.
Hippeard led a consistent Brigade attack, throwing four touchdowns in each half and scoring on 9-of-11 of the team's offensive drives. The seven-year AFL veteran threw six of his eight touchdowns to wideouts Brandon Thompkins and Quentin Sims, who each caught three apiece.
The Brigade return to action this Friday, June 15, taking on the Washington Valor at 7 p.m. at Royal Farms Arena. The game will be broadcast live on CBS Sports Network. Baltimore is 2-0 against Washington this season.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Brigade Sign AFL Hall of Famer Clevan Thomas - Baltimore Brigade
- Albany Empire Game Preview - Week 10 vs Philadelphia Soul - Albany Empire
- Obi Named Defensive Player of the Week - Baltimore Brigade
- Hippeard Named Offensive Player of the Week - Baltimore Brigade
- AFL Awards Week 9 Players of the Week - AFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.