Hillebrand Gets a Hat Trick, Gamblers Win 5-3
In the second matchup between the Green Bay Gamblers and the Chicago Steel, the Gamblers come away with a 5-3 victory. We saw high energy and consistent offense from both teams throughout the game. The Gamblers cleaned up their miscues from last weekend's defeat.
Green Bay found the back of the net first, with a goal from Chad Hillebrand. However, Chicago would tie the game with just over 30 seconds left in the period.
Chicago scored the first goal of the second, but the Gamblers would take over from there. Hillebrand would complete his hat-trick and Jake Schmaltz would tack on another. Chicago was able to stay in the game with a goal from De St. Phalle, but the Gamblers would take a 4-3 lead into the third.
Alex Servagno would put the game away in the third by firing in his third goal of the season. Enright made saves on 25 of the 28 shots that he faced.
The Gamblers are at home again tomorrow. We welcome the Des Moines Buccaneers to the Resch Center. In their last meeting, the Gamblers won 4-0. Puck drops at 7:05 PM get tickets at GamblersHockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2019
- Stampede Loses 7-4 to Soaring Stars - Sioux Falls Stampede
- OK, Call It a Comeback - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Hillebrand Gets a Hat Trick, Gamblers Win 5-3 - Green Bay Gamblers
- Green Bay Tops Steel, 5-3 - Chicago Steel
- Lumberjacks Explode for Eight Goals to Earn First Win of 2019-20 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Sioux City Musketeers Announce Captains for the 2019-20 Season - Sioux City Musketeers
- Pregame Primer: Dubuque Treks to Tri-City for First True Road Game - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Storm Defeat Stampede for First Win of Season - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.