Gotham FC Assistant General Manager & Chief Soccer Officer Nathán Goldberg Crenier Announces Candidacy for U.S. Soccer Federation Vice President
HARRISON, NJ - NJ/NY Gotham FC Assistant General Manager & Chief Soccer Officer Nathán Goldberg Crenier today announced his candidacy for the position of U.S. Soccer Federation Vice President. Goldberg will remain in his role at Gotham FC through the end of the year to fulfill his duties at the club, and he will assist with the transition should he be elected in February at the 2024 U.S. Soccer Annual General Meeting in Dallas.
Goldberg joined Gotham FC in July 2022. In his role as the club's Assistant General Manager & Chief Soccer Officer, Goldberg helps manage the team's salary cap, trades and transfers, roster movements, contract negotiations, data analytics, and sporting strategy, leveraging his statistics degree from Harvard University to make data-driven, evidence-based decisions.
"I am a firm believer in the power of soccer to make the world a better place," said Goldberg. "As a Latino, a proud first-generation American, and a lifelong soccer fan and player who has worked and volunteered at the U.S. Soccer Federation and across our different membership councils, I have the perspective, track record, and energy needed to help shape the future of soccer in America to match our country's ambition."
After joining forces with Yael Averbuch West - Gotham FC General Manager and Head of Soccer Operations - to make some major coaching and roster transactions in the offseason, Gotham FC has elevated from last-place finishers in 2022 to playoff contenders in 2023. With three games left in the regular season, the club is pacing ahead of its best-ever NWSL finish.
"Nathán has been a tremendous asset in helping to build this club," said Gotham FC General & Head of Soccer Operations Yael Averbuch West. "As we strive to be leaders and difference-makers in the global game, I am proud to support his decision to run for U.S. Soccer Vice President, and the club remains committed to continuing to build a world-class environment with tremendous talent."
Through the collaboration of Averbuch West and Goldberg, Gotham FC has produced more individual winners of NWSL Player of the Week honors than any other club, and every Gotham FC player to earn that accolade this season was signed after Goldberg's arrival.
"Because I believe the Vice President must be an ally and advocate for all of our grassroots members, free from conflicts of interest, I will be leaving my role as Assistant General Manager & Chief Soccer Officer at Gotham FC at the end of the season ahead of the election," said Goldberg. "Until then, I'll continue doing everything I can to ensure we win the NWSL Shield and Championship and to build New Jersey and New York into the world capital of women's soccer."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 26, 2023
- Gotham FC Assistant General Manager & Chief Soccer Officer Nathán Goldberg Crenier Announces Candidacy for U.S. Soccer Federation Vice President - NJ/NY Gotham FC
- Angel City FC Extends Contract with Forward Sydney Leroux - Angel City FC
- Wear Black as the Spirit and CVS Health Celebrate "Health Is Our Goal" Night in a Black out of Audi Field - Washington Spirit
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent NJ/NY Gotham FC Stories
- Gotham FC Announces 2023 End of Season Contract Statuses
- Three Gotham FC Players Selected to USWNT Training Camp Roster for December Friendlies
- NJ/NY Gotham FC Win NWSL Championship
- NJ/NY Gotham FC Set to Take on OL Reign in NWSL Championship
- Match Preview: NJ/NY Gotham FC Set to Take on OL Reign in NWSL Championship