Flash Win Thriller Over Sidekicks
HIDALGO, Texas- The Rio Grande Valley defeated the Dallas Sidekicks in a thrilling contest by a score 8-6 Sunday evening at State Farm Arena.
The Flash used eight different scores on the evening, but it was an empty-net goal by Armando Teran assisted by Edgar Flores that iced the game for the victors.
Alejandro Morales scored the opening goal with less than two minutes into the game, which gave an early 1-0 for the Flash.
Dallas responded with a goal by Patrick Shamu, which was the first of his three goals of the game. Jose Malacara added the second goal of the Flash that came at the 12:24 mark of the first period. Flash despite the efforts of the Sidekicks.
Goalkeeper Juan Gamboa had a stellar home debut earning the win, with eight saves and contributed two assists in the victory.
Former Chilean striker Hector Nunez will join the RGV Flash on Sunday, January 27 when they will host the Texas Strikers at State Farm Arena with the kickoff set for 5:00 pm.
RGV Flash season and individual tickets are on sale at the State Farm Arena box office or by calling the front office at (956) 843-6688.
The RGV Flash are members of the Professional Arena Soccer League Central Division, with 19 teams located across the United States.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from January 20, 2013
- Flash Win Thriller Over Sidekicks - Rio Grande Valley Flash
- Dallas Sidekicks Fall 8-6 to Rio Grande Valley - Dallas Sidekicks
- Short-Handed Anaheim Falls 12-9 at Tacoma - Anaheim Bolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Flash Stories
- La Fiera F.C Announce Season Schedule
- RGV La Fiera F.C Announce Division and Home Opener
- Flash Lose in Thriller
- Garcia Earns Second Team Nod
- 5 Star Flores as Flash Advance to Semifinal