Fire FC Season Opener to be Broadcast Online
WENATCHEE - November 11, 2010 - For the first time in Wenatchee Fire FC history, live webcasting technology will bring an away game to Fire fans worldwide. The Fire opens their 2010 Professional Arena Soccer League Campaign on November 20th, at 7:00 pm, and fans will be to follow the action streaming online at WVSportsplex.com. The broadcast will be headed by Landyn Rookard, a local performing veteran and collegiate news anchor who also has served as public address announcer for the organization.
"This is the next logical step as we bring the top level of arena soccer back to the Wenatchee Valley," said Owner/President Albert Rookard, "We want to be able to connect with our fans no matter where we are. Hopefully, this will be successful and we will be able to add more away games to the broadcast schedule."
The Fire will host their first free exhibition match November 27th at 4:00. The season opener is December 11th at the Wenatchee Valley Sportsplex. Fans can keep up to date with the squad as they prepare for this exciting season at facebook.com/wenatcheefirefc and wvsportsplex.com.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from November 15, 2010
- Fire FC Season Opener to be Broadcast Online - Wenatchee Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wenatchee Fire Stories
- Wenatchee Fire Recovers from Four Goal Deficit to Draw in Snohomish
- WVSportsplex.com to Broadcast Clinching Match, Can Clinch Tournament Berth with Win
- Wenatchee Fire Escapes from Bellingham with Close Win
- Wenatchee Fire Singe Snohomish, 8-5
- Wenatchee Fire FC Rebounds after Tight Loss with Big Win