FC Gold Pride midfielder Camille Abily Sidelined with Ankle Fracture
HAYWARD, CA - FC Gold Pride midfielder Camille Abily has been sidelined after suffering a right ankle fracture while training with the team on Wednesday night. "I'm very disappointed," Abily said of her injury. "No matter what, I want to be there for my teammates and the fans. I am going to work very hard to come back as soon as possible."
Team officials confirmed on Friday the French soccer star has a non-displaced fracture of the right talus (right ankle). Abily is expected to make a full recovery, but will not likely be seen in WPS competition until early July.
So far this season, Abily has started all four games for the Pride while logging 285 minutes on the field. The 2009 All-Star joined the Pride during the offseason, in a four-player trade with the Los Angeles Sol.
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from May 7, 2010
- FC Gold Pride midfielder Camille Abily Sidelined with Ankle Fracture - FC Gold Pride
- Atlanta Beat Set To Open New Stadium Sunday - Atlanta Beat
- FC Gold Pride Goes Red For Mother's Day - FC Gold Pride
- Chicago Red Stars Battle 1st-Place FC Gold Pride On Saturday - Chicago Red Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Gold Pride Stories
- FC Gold Pride Well Represented on FIFA's World Player of the Year and World Coach of the Year Shortl
- FC Gold Pride Lock in 11 for 2011
- WPS Champions Barnhart, Boxx, Buehler Named to USWNT Roster For World Cup Qualifiers
- FC Gold Pride Forward Marta Appointed as United Nations Goodwill Ambassador
- FC Gold Pride Mutually Terminates Contract of Camille Abily