FC Gold Pride Goes Red For Mother's Day
In Saturday's Mother's Day weekend match, the Pride will 'go red' in support of the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women campaign. Through the eye catching change in jersey color, the Pride looks to raise awareness around the ongoing battle with heart disease and stroke in women.
The Pride's red game worn jerseys will be auctioned off in a in-game silent auction held at the match this Saturday. Fans have until the 70th minute of the game to make bids on their jersey of choice. Fans around the world will also be able to support the Pride and the American Heart Association by bidding on the jerseys of FC Gold Pride standouts Camille Abily, Marta, Tiffeny Milbrett and Christine Sinclair in an online auction. The week-long auction will end on Wednesday, May 12 at noon PT. The proceeds of the in-game and online auctions will benefit the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women campaign.
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from May 7, 2010
- FC Gold Pride midfielder Camille Abily Sidelined with Ankle Fracture - FC Gold Pride
- Atlanta Beat Set To Open New Stadium Sunday - Atlanta Beat
- FC Gold Pride Goes Red For Mother's Day - FC Gold Pride
- Chicago Red Stars Battle 1st-Place FC Gold Pride On Saturday - Chicago Red Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Gold Pride Stories
- FC Gold Pride Well Represented on FIFA's World Player of the Year and World Coach of the Year Shortl
- FC Gold Pride Lock in 11 for 2011
- WPS Champions Barnhart, Boxx, Buehler Named to USWNT Roster For World Cup Qualifiers
- FC Gold Pride Forward Marta Appointed as United Nations Goodwill Ambassador
- FC Gold Pride Mutually Terminates Contract of Camille Abily