FC Dallas Joins USL League One as Founding Member
Frisco, TX - FC Dallas and USL League One announced today that an FC Dallas-owned team will be a founding member and begin play during the league's inaugural season in 2019.
FC Dallas' League One team will play its regular season at Toyota Stadium and potentially play a handful of games at another location within the Dallas/Fort Worth area. FC Dallas will announce the additional location as well as the name, head coach and logo of its League One team later this year.
"USL League One offers an outstanding opportunity for our younger players to compete against quality opponents," said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. "Having a second professional team will allow us to create a culture throughout the organization that will help us succeed at every level."
FC Dallas' League One club joins Lansing Ignite FC (Lansing, Michigan), South Georgia Tormenta FC (Statesboro, Georgia), FC Tucson (Tucson, Arizona), Greenville Triumph SC (Greenville, South Carolina), Madison Pro Soccer (Madison, Wisconsin), Toronto FC II (Toronto, Ontario), Chattanooga Red Wolves SC (Chattanooga, Tennessee), Orlando City B (Orlando, Florida) and the Richmond Kickers (Richmond, Virginia) as founding members of the professional league which will debut next year.
"We are delighted to have FC Dallas join the USL," said USL CEO Alec Papadakis. "For decades, the Hunt family has been at the forefront of growing the game in the United States, and now, they are embracing a tremendous opportunity to strengthen their club and the Dallas-Fort Worth region by launching a team in USL League One."
USL League One's 28-game season is scheduled to begin play the weekend of March 29-31, 2019 and conclude the weekend of October 4-6, 2019. The 2019 USL League One Playoffs will consist of four teams beginning the weekend of October 11-13. The final match of the postseason will take place from October 17-21.
The FC Dallas-operated franchise will be League One's 10th and final founding member for the 2019 season.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from November 2, 2018
- FC Dallas Joins USL League One as Founding Member - North Texas SC
- FC Dallas Joins USL League One as Founding Member - USL1
- With Offseason Underway, Orlando City B Shifts into Focus - Orlando City B
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Texas SC Stories
- North Texas Soccer Club Acquires Alfusainey Jatta on Loan from MFK Vyskov
- North Texas Soccer Club Signs Forward Ronaldo Damus and Defender Brecc Evans
- North Texas Soccer Club Announces 2019 Schedule
- North Texas Soccer Club Announced as Team Name of FC Dallas' USL League One Club
- North Texas Soccer Club Signs Forward Ricardo Pepi as Club's First Player