Fairbanks Finishes Sweep of Kenai River
After a wild first period, the Fairbanks Ice Dogs owned the final 40 minutes of play en route to a 6-3 win over the Kenai River Brown Bears. The two teams traded goals in the opening minutes as Zach Krajnik scored twice in the first minutes of action but Evan Junker and Bret Link also found the back of the net to keep the game tied. Matt Koethe gave Fairbanks their first lead of the game at the 8:33 mark of the first but Max Osborne scored his first goal as a Brown Bear just before the end of the period. Oliver Kjaer gave Fairbanks the lead for good while Junker and Dylan Abbott provided insurance for the Ice Dogs. Talon Wild made 26 saves to help Fairbanks finish off the three game sweep of the in-state rival Brown Bears. Landon Pavlisin was dealt the loss as he made 25 saves.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2020
- Ice Wolves Fall 4-3 to the Topeka Pilots - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Ice Wolves Cruise to a 6-3 Win vs. Topeka - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Pilots Score Three in the Third Period, Knock off Ice Wolves 4-3 - Topeka Pilots
- Neck and Neck - Minot Minotauros
- Wings Comeback Falls Short Again Saturday - Aberdeen Wings
- Bugs Fall to Jacks - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jackalopes Beat Shreveport 6-3 on Permian Basin Strong Night - Odessa Jackalopes
- Titans Rout Nordiques 9-2 to Split Weekend Series - New Jersey Titans
- Fairbanks Finishes Sweep of Kenai River - Kenai River Brown Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.