Erie BayHawks and LECOM Announce Plans for Salute Our Troops Game
ERIE, PA - The Erie BayHawks, NBA G League affiliate of the New Orleans Pelicans, and the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) will honor service men and women during the team's game on Saturday, Nov. 23 at 7:00 p.m. versus the Raptors 905 with their ninth annual "Salute Our Troops" game.
For the first time ever, special recognition will be given to 10 local active service members or veterans whose names are randomly selected through an online contest on GoErie.com. In order to be selected, family members or friends must submit the name and photo of the person they wish to commemorate, along with a short description of their service.
The contest which can be found at www.goerie.com/contests will run for three weeks, ending on October 21. Winners will be announced in a special Veteran's Day section of the Erie Times-News on November 10, and those selected will receive tickets to the "Salute Our Troops" game, a personalized commemorative jersey, and will be introduced with the team that night.
The BayHawks will also wear commemorative uniforms that feature a black, white and grey camouflage design, and will be auctioned during the game with all proceeds benefitting the Pennsylvania Wounded Warriors.
Other activities for the day include:
- Current and retired military personnel receive free tickets to the game when they show their military ID or DD214 card at the Erie Insurance Arena Box Office
- All service men and women in attendance will be recognized pre-game during a video tribute honoring all five branches of the military
- POW / MIA flag placed over an empty seat courtside
- BayHawks players thank service men and women in special video tribute
- Fans can honor or remember loved ones who served or are serving in the military during the "Soldier Salute" taking place during a break in the game
Fans can purchase group tickets and premium seating through ErieBayHawks.com or by calling 814-790-5600. Single-game tickets will be available for purchase at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 3, 2019
- Memphis Hustle Announce Time Changes for Games on November 15, December 30 and December 31 - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns Name Jordan Byrd, Tom Kuyper Team Broadcasters for 2019-20 Season - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Announce Two New Ticket Initiatives for 2019-20 Season - Erie BayHawks
- Legends Host 2019 Live Draft Party at Strikz Entertainment - Texas Legends
- Erie BayHawks and LECOM Announce Plans for Salute Our Troops Game - Erie BayHawks
- Canton Charge Set 2019-20 Promos & Giveaways - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.