Edge Release 2018-19 Protected Player List
St. John's, NL - The St. John's Edge of the National Basketball League of Canada are pleased to announce that Alex Johnson, Charles Hinkle, Coron Williams, Desmond Lee, Grandy Glaze, Jarryn Skeete and Ryan Reid have been protected by the Edge for the 2018-19 season.
The National Basketball League of Canada's protected list allows teams to retain the rights of players who've participated in the 2017-18 NBL Canada season and retains the rights to those players throughout the 2018-19 season.
After August 15, 2018, a competing team may make an offer for a protected player if they remained unsigned. The team who holds that player's rights has 48 hours to either match or surpass the offer, in which instances a player would remain which his protected club; or the protected team may decline to match. In these cases, that player would join the new contracted team. Player's rights are held until the final day of the NBLC's regular season.
Edge Season Tickets are now available and can be purchased in person at the Mile One Centre box office, by phone at 709-576-7657 or online at www.mileonecentre.com. Group rates are available and can be obtained by contacting Kenny O'Leary at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from June 18, 2018
- Edge Release 2018-19 Protected Player List - St. John's Edge
- English Named Interim General Manager - St. John's Edge
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. John's Edge Stories
- Edge Drop First Game on Road Trip to Express
- Junior Cadougan Named NBL Canada - Canadian Player of the Week
- Edge Complete Sweep of Windsor at Home with 115-107 Win
- Edge Take Windsor off Tracks, Pick up Big Win at Home
- Edge Acquire Shaquille Keith from Windsor Express