Earthquakes Sign Benji Kikanović, Paul Marie to New Contracts
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes have signed forward Benji Kikanović and defender Paul Marie to new contracts through the 2026 season.
"Benji and Paul have been consummate professionals and have shown their ability to complete in this league," said Earthquakes general manager Chris Leitch. "We're excited to welcome them back in the fold as we continue to move forward and build our roster for the 2024 season."
Kikanović, 23, has tallied 11 goals and four assists in 71 appearances for the Earthquakes. In 2022, he earned the club's Young Player of the Year award for setting career highs in appearances (30), starts (16), goals (6), and assists (3). Kikanović enters his fourth season with San Jose since signing on Feb. 16, 2021, from Reno 1868 FC, the Quakes' former USL Championship affiliate.
Marie, 28, has made 108 appearances and 63 starts across six seasons since joining San Jose on March 16, 2018. This past season, he notched a goal and an assist in a career-high 33 appearances, ranking fourth-most on the team. Marie's late goal on Sept. 30 against Minnesota United FC resulted in the Quakes earning a 1-1 draw-a crucial road point down the stretch as San Jose returned to the postseason after a three-year hiatus.
Transaction: San Jose Earthquakes (MLS) - Earthquakes sign F Benji Kikanović and D Paul Marie to new contracts through the 2026 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 29, 2023
- MLS Suspends FC Cincinnati Defender Matt Miazga - MLS
- Sounders FC Announces 2023 Team Awards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Is Set to Host Third Annual Battle of the Artists Presented by Heinken Silver this Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Sign Benji Kikanović, Paul Marie to New Contracts - San Jose Earthquakes
- Need to Know: Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Conference Finals - MLS
- St. Louis CITY SC Announces End of Season Roster Decisions - St. Louis City SC
- The Montreal Impact Foundation Launches Second Phase of Its Multisport Mini-Field Project - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Cincinnati's Eastern Conference Final to Air on 700WLW - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Efraín Morales - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Sign First-Round SuperDraft Selection Jamar Ricketts
- Earthquakes Legend Chris Wondolowski Named to Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2024
- Earthquakes Announce Flagship Radio Stations for 2024 MLS Season
- Earthquakes 50th Anniversary Block Party Start Time Moved to Sunday 1 p.m.
- Earthquakes Unveil the 50 Kit Commemorating 50th Anniversary