Don't miss the Freedom on PAX TV Tomorrow
The Freedom will play the team's last 2003 regular season match tomorrow, Saturday, August 9 at 4 p.m. ET vs. the San Diego Spirit at the Spirit's Torero Stadium, before heading to the WUSA playoffs for the second consecutive year next weekend. You can catch the Freedom vs. Spirit match broadcast live at 4 p.m. on PAX TV tomorrow afternoon. To find PAX in your area, go to www.paxson.com.
Although the Freedom are assured of either a third or fourth place regular season finish and a 2003 WUSA playoff birth, Washington unfortunately can't finish in the top two and host a playoff game. Instead, the Freedom will hit the road to either Atlanta or Boston next weekend.
If Washington wins or ties tomorrow afternoon, the Freedom will solidify their spot in third place. If Washington loses, San Diego clinches third and the Freedom drop to fourth. Neither the Freedom nor the Spirit will know whom they will face next weekend until around 9p.m. this Sunday night, August 10, when the Boston @ San Jose (6 p.m. ET) and New York @ Atlanta (6:30 p.m. ET) matches have concluded. The Freedom will either play next Saturday, August 16 at 4p.m. (broadcast live on PAX TV) or next Sunday, August 17 at 6 p.m. (broadcast live on ESPN2), depending on these results.
So catch the Freedom tomorrow on PAX TV @ 4 p.m., then look for a Freedom playoff update early next week!
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from August 8, 2003
- Don't miss the Freedom on PAX TV Tomorrow - magicJack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent magicJack Stories
- Washington Freedom Announces Sonia Bompastor's Mutual Contract Termination
- Jim Gabarra Resigns as Head Coach of Washington Freedom
- Washington Freedom's 2010 WPS Playoff Run Ends with Overtime Goal
- Washington Freedom Travel to Face Philadelphia Independence in First Round of Playoffs
- Washington Freedom Defeat Atlanta Beat 1-0 To Advance To WPS Playoffs