David Jesus to Join Tullio and McShane in Slovakia
Oshawa, ON - The Oshawa Generals have loaned defencemen David Jesus to MHK Liptovsky Mikulas of the Slovak Extraliga
Jesus was selected in the 12th round of the 2018 OHL Priority Selection but found himself as one of the Generals' top defenceman last season. He scored 11 points by way of two goals and nine assists across 61 games.
His first career OHL goal came in the 2019-2020 home opener against the Kingston Frontenacs.
Jesus is joining Liptovsky Mikulas alongside teammates Allan McShane and Ty Tullio. Import defenceman David Mudrak (HC Kosice) and former General Matt Mistele ( HC Banska Bystrica) are also currently playing in the Slovak Extraliga.
Much the same as other Generals playing in Europe, Jesus has committed to returning to North America and the organization in time to quarantine ahead of the start of OHL training camps on Jan. 23.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2020
- Moncada, Troops Bounce Back - North Bay Battalion
- David Jesus to Join Tullio and McShane in Slovakia - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Black Excellence: Saroya Tinker, Unapologetically Herself
- Black Excellence: Memorial Cup Champion Leaving His Mark in the Pros
- Black Excellence: Former Firefighter Turns Fight for Inclusion into a Priority
- Black Excellence: Former Gen and Current Advocate Kyle Bollers
- Oshawa Generals Remember Alex McKeown