Dave Valle to be Honored at Bells Game
Bellingham, Wash. - This Friday, June 10th, Mariners legend Dave Valle will be honored at Joe Martin Field for the Bells series-opening game against the Kitsap BlueJackets. A 2011 advisory board member of the Bells, Valle will be throwing out the game's ceremonial first pitch and will be available for autographs before the game.
Prior to making it to the major leagues, Valle began his professional career in Bellingham when the team was called the Baby M's. Valle spent 10 of his 13 major league seasons with the Seattle Mariners, hitting .237 with 77 home runs while providing stellar defense at catcher.
Valle has parlayed his knowledge of baseball into a successful broadcasting career. He currently spends time working as a studio analyst for the MLB Network and as a radio broadcaster for the Mariners.
Valle has done extensive work in the community through his non-profit foundation Esperanza International, a community development organization established in 1995. Esperanza serves economically disadvantaged individuals in the Dominican Republic and Haiti through microfinance loans, and the sponsorship of health care and educational initiatives. The organization is currently serving over 21,000 families.
The Bells open their season on Friday, June 3rd at Joe Martin Field against the Kelowna Falcons. For information regarding tickets, group packages and/or sponsorships, please contact the Bellingham Bells offices at (360) 527-1035 or via email at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the West Coast League message board...
West Coast League Stories from June 9, 2011
- Bells Set for Second Series - Bellingham Bells
- Dave Valle to be Honored at Bells Game - Bellingham Bells
- Black Bears Lose 4-2 - Cowlitz Black Bears
- Wentz Powers Sweets past Toros, 7-1 - Walla Walla Sweets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bellingham Bells Stories
- Bellingham Bells to Host August 15 "Fill the Bus" Food Drive Benefiting the Bellingham Food Bank
- Bellingham Bells Announce Cancellation of 2020 Season
- Bells Add Right-Handed Pitching Talent
- Bells Draw in Pack of Western Oregon Wolves
- Bells Add Pair of Impressive Newcomers