Dante Sheriff Named NAHL Bauer Forward of the Month for January
AUSTIN, Minn. - Continuing on an already strong third season with the Bruins, Dante Sheriff has been awarded the NAHL Bauer Forward of the Month for his efforts in January.
The Woodbridge, Ontario, native racked up 23 total points (7G, 16A) in the first month of 2020 and in the process became the league's leading scorer with 54 total points on the season.
"I thought Dante had a great month. He has an elite skill set that creates offense. His ability to make plays and use his speed has really been a big part of his success," said Bruins head coach Steve Howard. "Dante is in his final junior season and he has continually taken steps forward over his three seasons with the Bruins. He is now the Bruins all time leading scorer. We need him to keep playing well and be a leader down the stretch."
In addition to leading the NAHL in points, Sheriff is also the league's top point getter on the power-play with 22 total points (5G, 17A). The Mercyhurst (NCAA DI) commit has earned himself a handful of awards this season including being named the NAHL Bauer Central Division First Star of the week on three consecutive occasions.
This is the second Player of the Month award handed down to an Austin Bruin this season with Sheriff following Ben Almquist who was named as such in November 2019.
Up next for Sheriff and his Bruins teammates, the greatest game on pink ice comes to Riverside Arena this Saturday, February 8th. The Bruins welcome the St. Cloud Blizzard to town for the annual Paint the Rink Pink game which raises money for the Hormel Institute for Cancer Research. Tickets for Paint the Rink Pink are on sale now at all the Bruins ticket vendors including Games People Play, Hy-Vee, Holiday Inn, and Jim's Marketplace.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2020
- Benny the Badger - Minot Minotauros
- Titans Acquire Veteran Blueliner Joe Nagle in Three Team Deal - New Jersey Titans
- Weekend Preview - Lone Star Brahmas
- Trela Finds Perfect Fit with Commitment to St. Lawrence - Amarillo Bulls
- Dante Sheriff Named NAHL Bauer Forward of the Month for January - Austin Bruins
- NAHL Announces Monthly Player Awards for January - NAHL
- Wilderness Tender Luke Anderson for 2020 NAHL Season - Minnesota Wilderness
- Bulls to Host "Health & Hockey Night" on Friday Featuring President Trump's Former Physician Admiral Ronny Jackson - Amarillo Bulls
- Magicians Announce MINNKOTA Camp May 15th-17th - Minnesota Magicians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Three Bruins Honored with Divisional Awards; Sheriff Named MVP, Mysak Named Defenseman of the Year
- Bruins Forward Tiernan Shoudy Awarded Two Rookie Honors
- NAHL Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- NAHL Pauses Regular Season Games Due to COVID-19
- Bruins Sweep Steel, Showdown against Minot with Playoff Implications Upcoming