Dallas Rattlers Drop Road Game to Ohio Machine
OBETZ, Ohio - The Dallas Rattlers (3-2) fell 14-12 in a back-and-forth battle with the Ohio Machine (2-1).
The Rattlers controlled the first quarter of play with John Galloway making six saves and allowing just one goal. By the end of the first half, the Rattlers were up 7-5 despite losing star attackman Jordan Wolf to injury in the first quarter. Wolf, the team's leading scorer, did not return to action.
In the third quarter, the Machine offense came alive for seven goals to gain their first lead of the game. The Rattlers benefited from multiple powerplay opportunities that put the visitors within two goals. Though the Rattlers outscored their opponents in the fourth quarter, the late push proved to be not enough as the Machine came away with their second win of the season.
Next up, the Rattlers will return home for the team's Cancer Awareness Night on May 19 to support the American Cancer Society. Tickets are on sale now at DallasRattlers.com or by calling (800) 413-6109.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from May 12, 2018
- Atlanta Blaze Sweep Series Season against Boston Cannons - Atlanta Blaze
- Dallas Rattlers Drop Road Game to Ohio Machine - Dallas Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dallas Rattlers Stories
- Dallas Rattlers Improve to 5-2 After Road Win
- Dallas Rattlers Back on the Road Saturday at Florida
- North Texas Institute of Neurology and Headache Named Official Partner of the Dallas Rattlers
- Dallas Rattlers Extinguish Blaze in Overtime Win
- Dallas Rattlers Ready to Battle Blaze in Home Return