Crew Trades Storey For Pick
COLUMBUS, Ohio (Thursday, February 16, 2006) - The Crew announced today that it has traded second-year midfielder Marcus Storey to Houston in exchange for Houston's natural second-round pick in the 2007 Supplemental Draft.
Storey appeared in 12 games for The Crew last season, starting three games and tallying one assist.
The Crew will open the 2006 Major League Soccer season with consecutive road games, starting with the season opener against the Kansas City Wizards on Saturday, April 1, at 8:30 p.m. (ET) at Arrowhead Stadium. The Black & Gold will then head to Colorado to take on the Colorado Rapids on Saturday, April 8, at 9:30 p.m. (ET) at Invesco Field at Mile High.
Columbus opens it home schedule vs. Eastern Conference rival the Chicago Fire on Saturday, April 15, at 4 p.m. (ET) at Crew Stadium in a nationally televised game on ESPN2. April 15 marks the second latest home opener in team history, with only the 1999 home campaign opening later due to the construction of Crew Stadium.
Fans can become Crew Soccer Nation members by purchasing full season ticket packages or partial plans, starting as low as $30 for the new Crew 3-Packs. Group tickets are also available for all 16 home games as well as a "Put out the Fire" Home Opener Pack for just $60, which includes four midfield vouchers. All ticket packages or plans are available through TheCrew.com and 614-447-CREW.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 16, 2006
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Forward Edward Opoku on Loan
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts FC Dallas at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Defender Alex Crognale on Loan
- Columbus Crew SC's Waylon Francis, Justin Meram and Aboubacar Keita Receive International Call-Ups