Commentary: NIFL daily buzz update
by Jerry Hewitt
May 2, 2006 - National Indoor Football League (NIFL)
Dayton may be done
This press release courtesy of OurSports Central
(Dayton, OH) - Effective immediately, the Dayton Bulldogs Indoor Football Franchise will cease play at the Ervin J. Nutter Center.
"Due to failure to uphold the terms and conditions of their contract with Wright State University's Ervin J. Nutter Center, the Dayton Bulldogs Franchise will suspend operation at our facility until further notice," stated John Siehl, Executive Director of the Nutter Center.
After the fall
After the apparent failing of Rapid City, we get this news. NIFL teams have to be seriously questioning their future right about now. It would appear the house of cards affect may be sweeping over the NIFL today. I'm really at a loss as to what to say right now. I know the good teams will survive regardless of what happens with the NIFL.
If Rapid City and Dayton are both gone, this creates a schedule nightmare that is unbelievable. If Palm Beach, Montgomery and/or Tennessee should fall out now, the entire schedule would be lost and it would be start from scratch time.
Fire watch update
Sources report that heavy fires burning around the country are moving too fast towards Louisiana now. Emergency fire crews have been called out, but it appears like the smart move might be to pull all crews back to a safe area and let this one burn till its out once and for all.
Official NIFL weather report and fire control updates. NIFL fire crews are hard at work trying to contain some of the fires, while they are just letting some burn themselves out. In some areas, local fire crews have been left on their own to battle the blazes. Reports from our watch towers are no new sightings, but the weather forecast includes a 90% chance of thunderstorms over the next eleven weeks. Additional fire crews have been put on alert that their services could be needed at a moments notice and should be prepared to go anywhere in the NIFL forest. As always, we have our own spotters that will be on the front lines covering the disasters as they happen.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from May 2, 2006
- Close But No Cigar - Twin City Gators
- Osceola Ready for Bulldogs - Osceola Ghostriders
- Fever Fall Short Against Billings - Tri-Cities Fever
- Commentary: NIFL daily buzz update - OSC Original by Jerry Hewitt
- Dayton Bulldogs Cease Operation at the Nutter Center - Dayton Bulldogs
- Rapid City update - OSC Original by Jerry Hewitt
- Rage use second-half blitz to slam Stars - RiverCity Rage
- Phantoms' Two Second Heartbreaker in Cincinnati - Palm Beach Phantoms
- Commentary: NIFL daily buzz - OSC Original by Jerry Hewitt
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer(s), and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.