Columbus' Ian Vigier Named SBK Goaltender of the Year
April 2, 2012 - Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) News Release
CHARLOTTE, NC - The Southern Professional Hockey League on Monday announced that Ian Vigier of the Columbus Cottonmouths has been selected as the SBK Goaltender of the Year in a vote of league coaches and media representatives.
Kiefer Smiley of the Mississippi Surge finished second in the voting.
Vigier led all SPHL goaltenders with 21 wins and a .914 save percentage. His 2.56 goals against average and two shutouts were second-best while he was third in both minutes played (1877:13) and saves (854).
SPHL Goaltender of the Year Award Winners
2011-12 - Ian Vigier, Columbus Cottonmouths
2010-11 - Mark Sibbald, Huntsville Havoc
2009-10 - Bill Zaniboni, Mississippi Surge
2008-09 - Andrew Gallant, Knoxville Ice Bears
2007-08 - Tim Haun, Jacksonville Barracudas
2006-07 - Chad Rycroft, Columbus Cottonmouths
2005-06 - Terry Denike, Florida Seals
2004-05 - Chad Collins, Fayetteville FireAntz
The SPHL will announce its Coach of the Year on Tuesday.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from April 2, 2012
- Cottonmouths Week in Review - Columbus Cottonmouths
- SPHL Mourns Loss of Knoxville Sports Writer Nick Gates - SPHL
- Havoc Upset Augusta In Round One - Huntsville Havoc
- Columbus' Ian Vigier Named SBK Goaltender of the Year - SPHL
- Ice Flyers' Schedule for SPHL Semi Finals Set - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- SPHL Announces Second Round Playoff Schedule - SPHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.