Chicago Soul vs. Milwaukee Wave Preview
Saturday, December 1 vs. Milwaukee Wave - 6:00 p.m. (CST)
The Chicago Soul (2-4) will close out their seven-game road trip by squaring off against the MISL defending champions Milwaukee Wave (1-2) Saturday night at the U.S. Cellular Arena. Kickoff is set for 6:00 p.m. CT.
The Soul are coming off of their second win of the season after defeating the Syracuse Silver Knights 14-11 last Saturday. After a back-and-forth battle in the first half, Chicago pulled away in the final period with the help of Matthew Stewart and Carlos Muñoz to claim victory over Syracuse.
On the Radar
Ex-Wave midfielder Matthew Stewart, who earned a championship with Milwaukee last season, returns to his former home at the U.S. Cellular Arena looking to continue his successful run after recording a hat trick in Syracuse last week. Stewart currently has a total of 13 points.
Carlos Muñoz, who also recorded a hat trick in Syracuse, has been hot as of late, ranking fifth in the league in total points earned with 20.
League newcomer Ephraim Beard heads to Milwaukee after a successful run of his own last week. Beard scored the first goal of his MISL career against the Rochester Lancers on November 21. He tallied a total of two goals and four points that night. The Schaumburg, Ill. native followed up with another goal in Syracuse, racking up a total of six points over the week.
Goalkeeper Jeff Richey also put on a stellar performance in Syracuse, racking up a total of 26 saves on the night and playing a key role in Chicago's win.
The Wave return to action following two consecutive losses. Milwaukee most recently picked up a 15-4 defeat on the road against the Baltimore Blast after suffering a heartbreaking overtime loss to the Missouri Comets on their home opening night. So far, the Wave have had strong contributions from Jonathan Greenfield, who leads the team with eight points, along with Hewerton and Giuliano Oliviero, each of whom have five points on the season.
Catch the Action
Every MISL game this season can be seen live on the Internet at MISLnation.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Indoor Soccer League message board...
Major Indoor Soccer League Stories from November 30, 2012
- Comets Taken Down by Knights - Kansas City Comets
- Knights Bounce Back, Defeat Comets 13-7 - Syracuse Silver Knights
- Lancers & Dick Ide Launch Creative Charity Campaign - Rochester Lancers
- Chicago Soul vs. Milwaukee Wave Preview - Chicago Soul FC
- Lancers to Play Two over Weekend - Rochester Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Soul FC Stories
- Soul Eliminated from Playoffs as Blast Collect 10-7 Victory
- Soul set out for redemption in Baltimore
- Soul Beaten by Blast in Game One of Semifinals
- Soul prepare for first-round playoff matchup against Blast
- Soul Clinch MISL Playoff Berth with Win over Silver Knights