Chicago Fire FC Agrees to Mutual Termination with Winger Jairo Torres
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced that the Club and Jairo Torres have mutually agreed to terminate the winger's contract. The move opens a Designated Player slot on the Fire's roster.
"After many discussions with Jairo and the coaching staff, we all agreed that this was the best decision for the player and the Club at this time, said Chicago Fire FC Sporting Director Georg Heitz. "I'd like to thank Jairo for his contributions to the Chicago Fire and wish him all the best for the future."
Torres, 23, was originally acquired by the Fire as Young Designated Player on Feb. 19, 2022, via transfer from Atlas F.C. Prior to joining Chicago, Torres played in 119 matches for Atlas across all competitions and helped the club capture its first Liga MX title in 70 years in 2021.
Chicago's 2024 regular season, driven by Carvana, will open on the road against the Philadelphia Union at 6:30 p.m. CT on Saturday, Feb. 24, at Subaru Park in Chester, Pa. The following weekend, the Fire will host 2023 MLS Supporters' Shield winners FC Cincinnati on Saturday, March 2 at Soldier Field.
Scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. CT, the match against Cincinnati will mark the earliest home opener in Chicago Fire history. Tickets to the match can be purchased here via Ticketmaster.com or by calling 888-MLS-FIRE. For more information on the Fire's regular season schedule, click here.
Transaction: Chicago Fire FC and Jairo Torres mutually agree to terminate the winger's contract. The move opens a Designated Player slot on the Fire's roster.
Images from this story
Chicago Fire FC winger Jairo Torres
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 9, 2024
- Academy Update: January 2024 Players of the Month - Inter Miami CF
- Colorado Rapids Transfer Braian Galván to Club Atlético Banfield - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Agrees to Mutual Termination with Winger Jairo Torres - Chicago Fire FC
- The FC Dallas Foundation, Coca-Cola, CoServ, Gallagher and UMB Bank Unveil Mini-Pitch at Frisco's Shawnee Trail Elementary School - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Signs Luiz Muzzi and Ricardo Moreira to New Contracts - Orlando City SC
- Adam Beaudry Signing Benefits Rapids, Real Colorado, as Part of New Program - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Acquire Forward Amahl Pellegrino from Bodo/Glimt - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Announce Updates to Community and Social Impact Leadership Team - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2024 Theme Nights, Giveaways, and Home Opener Activations - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: Match Preview
- Chicago Fire FC Defender Arnaud Souquet Receives U.S. Green Card
- Chicago Fire FC Defeats Portland Timbers 2-1 in Coachella Valley Invitational
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils New "Return to Red" Kit Ahead of 2024 MLS Season
- Chicago Fire FC Transfers Forward Kacper Przybyłko to FC Lugano