Charleston Battery Is Back
Charleston Battery is pleased to announce that the USL Championship Board of Governors voted on Thursday in favor of returning to play for the 2020 season, with a provisional start date set for July 11.
While additional information on competition format, scheduling, broadcast and other important details will be made available in the coming weeks, it's important to note that the league's return to play will be conducted in strict alignment with all local and state public health guidelines.
The USL also remains in regular dialogue with the USL Players Association on all matters concerning player health and wellness protocols and looks forward to continuing those discussions.
"Professional soccer is coming back to the Lowcountry," said Rob Salvatore, Charleston Battery Chairman. "We're excited about the next steps that will lead to bringing live team sports back to Charleston. We can't thank our supporters enough for sticking with us the past months as we work towards a safe return to play."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 4, 2020
- Provisional Return to Play Date Set for 2020 - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Charleston Battery Is Back - Charleston Battery
- Switchbacks FC to Resume USLC Season - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- USL Announces Intent to Return to Play - Saint Louis FC
- USL Board of Governors Votes in Favor of Returning to Play for 2020 Season - Reno 1868 FC
- USL Championship Board of Governors Votes to Return to Play in 2020 - FC Tulsa
- USL Championship to Return to Play for 2020 Season - San Antonio FC
- Memphis 901 FC Excited about USL's Return to Play - Memphis 901 FC
- USL Championship Board of Governors Votes in Favor of Returning to Play - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Announces Provisional Return to Play - OKC Energy FC
- Hartford Athletic Prepare for Return to Play - Hartford Athletic
- OCSC Issues Official Statement on Return to Play July 2020 - Orange County SC
- Provisional Return-To-Play Date Set for July 11 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Phoenix Rising FC and USL Target July 11 as Provisional Return to Play Date - Phoenix Rising FC
- USL Championship Announces July 11 Return - USL
- United Soccer League Announces Return to Play for 2020 Season - New Mexico United
- RGV FC Issue Return to Play Statement - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Championship Approves Return to Play - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Birmingham Legion FC Set to Resume Season July 11 - Birmingham Legion FC
- USL Championship to Return to Play - Atlanta United 2
- July 11 set as provisional return to play date for the 2020 season - Las Vegas Lights FC
- USL Championship Announces Resumption of 2020 Season - Indy Eleven
- Hartford Athletic Announces Youth SoccerÃÂ Platform - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.