Chanton Named to Swiss 2021 World Junior Team
NIAGARA, ON - Niagara IceDogs defenceman Giancarlo Chanton has been named to the Swiss team for the 2021 World Junior Hockey Championship, in Edmonton to begin later this week.
The Swiss team travelled to the Edmonton bubble on December 13th, in time to quarantine. They played an exhibition game on December 22nd against Austria, which they won 3-2.
In his first year of NHL Draft eligibility, Chanton has been loaned to SC Langenthal of the Swiss League to start the 2020-21 season. In 9 games played, he's collected two points (1G, 1A). He's also played 6 games with Langnau U20, in which he scored one goal.
Chanton has previously represented Switzerland at the U17 and U18 levels. He was invited to the Swiss U20 selection camp in December 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 23, 2020
- Delemont to Represent Switzerland at World Juniors - Owen Sound Attack
- OHL Start Delayed Again - North Bay Battalion
- Extended Ontario Lockdown to Delay Start of OHL Season - Owen Sound Attack
- Chanton Named to Swiss 2021 World Junior Team - Niagara IceDogs
- Generals' Tomasino Confident Ahead of World Juniors Debut - Oshawa Generals
- Start of the OHL Season Delayed Again - Barrie Colts
- OHL Announces Further Delay to Start of 2020-21 Season - Sarnia Sting
- Statement from OHL Commissioner David Branch Regarding Return to Play Protocol - OHL
- Ontario Hockey League Delays Start of 2020-21 Season - Peterborough Petes
- David Branch Issues Statement Regarding OHL RTP - Niagara IceDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.