Challenge Accepted: MLS Standouts Pizarro, Pulido in Next Inter Miami CF eFriendly vs. Sporting Kansas City
Inter Miami CF aims to continue its winning ways in the fourth installment of its ongoing eFriendly series this Saturday, May 30, at 1 p.m. ET as Rodolfo Pizarro has accepted the challenge of Sporting Kansas City forward and Mexican National Team teammate Alan Pulido to face off in a EA SPORTS FIFA 20 matchup.
The clash will be available to stream via the ESPN Deportes digital channels, the Inter Miami Twitch, YouTube and Facebook channels, the Club's official app, and Sporting Kansas City's social platforms.
In an April interview with Ahora o Nunca, Pulido challenged Pizarro to a head-to-head FIFA virtual competition. "I have to challenge him in FIFA to see if it's true," said Pulido when the hosts referenced Pizarro's confidence in his own gaming abilities.
After coming off of a 3-1 eFriendly victory on aggregate over national team compatriot and Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. forward RaÃºl Jiménez, Pizarro did not back down and is ready to extend his winning stream as he takes on Pulido.
The event will be hosted by ESPN Deportes and Ahora o Nunca's Mauricio Pedroza and Herculez Gomez.
The 2020 MLS newcomers have a long history as both competitors and teammates, sharing the pitch with both C.D. Guadalajara and the Mexican National Team, while facing off at different stages in their careers in Liga MX. The players have represented Mexico on the international stage together twice and teamed up at Chivas throughout the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons. Together they helped Chivas lift the Concacaf Champions League trophy in 2018.
Conversely, they have squared off against each other in four Liga MX matches, three of which came while Pizarro played for C.F. Pachuca and Pulido played for Tigres UANL, and one while Pizarro was with C.F. Monterrey and Pulido with Chivas.
Inter Miami has found success in its three prior eFriendlies, claiming victory in all three. Prior to Pizarro's victory over Jimenez, Lee Nguyen defeated his former LAFC teammate Mark-Anthony Kaye by an aggregate score of 10-7, while Robbie Robinson defeated his Clemson University teammate Tanner Dieterich by an aggregate score of 5-1.
Pizarro will look to further his own record of dominance in virtual competition as he not only defeated Jiménez in the Club's first international but previously won Inter Miami's FIFA 20 tournament as part of Twitch's Stream Aid 2020, a virtual event that raised over $2.7 million for the World Health Organization's COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. The midfielder also represented Mexico in the FIFA eNations Stay and Play Cup on April 24, defeating Peru's and Vancouver Whitecaps FC forward Yordi Reyna, 2-1.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 28, 2020
- Earthquakes Issue Update on Assistant Coach Benjamin Galindo - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ben Sweat: Inter Miami "Getting a Lot of Positivity and Good EnergyÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Head coach Jaap Stam to join Friday's Braxton Brewing Co. Virtual Happy Hour on Friday - FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire FC Players May Voluntarily Return to Club Facilities for Individual Workouts on Friday - Chicago Fire
- Challenge Accepted: MLS Standouts Pizarro, Pulido in Next Inter Miami CF eFriendly vs. Sporting Kansas City - Inter Miami CF
- Lalas Abubakar on Why He Was Worried Permanent Move to Colorado Rapids Might Not Happen - Colorado Rapids
- Training Report: Nashville SC Players Adjust to New Normal of Voluntary Individual Workouts - Nashville SC
- MLS Clubs to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training Sessions - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Will Submit Plan to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training Sessions - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Clubs to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training Sessions - MLS
- MNUFC Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh Receives Green Card - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Begin Individual Workouts at Segra Field on Friday, May 29 - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF's Revised MLS Is Back Group Stage Schedule, Opponents Updated
- Andres Reyes in Good Spirits; Back at Team Hotel
- Inter Miami CF Kicks off MLS Is Back Tournament, Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Orlando City SC
- Storylines: Inter Miami CF vs. Orlando
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Orlando City SC