CFL and CFLPA Ratify New Collective Agreement
May 22, 2019 - Canadian Football League (CFL) News Release
TORONTO - The Canadian Football League (CFL) and the CFL Players' Association (CFLPA) jointly announced today that a new three year collective agreement, through the end of the 2021 season, has been ratified by the League's Board of Governors as well as CFL players.
"Our new agreement speaks to positive growth for our League and a renewed investment in our players. We have an exciting future ahead of us and people around the world will see us build it together. I want to thank our players, teams and fans for their patience and let them know that I share their enthusiasm for the start of football season." said Randy Ambrosie, CFL Commissioner
"I would like to thank all CFL players for their commitment and diligence as we worked together toward a fair agreement. I would also like to thank the fans for their support and understanding throughout this process," said Jeff Keeping, CFLPA President. "This new agreement moves us forward as partners in the future of the game."
The CFL and CFLPA officially began negotiating terms of the new collective agreement in March. The two sides came to terms on a tentative agreement on May 15 and signed a Memorandum of Agreement on May 18.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 22, 2019
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 4 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Training Camp Report - Day 3 - Montreal Alouettes
- RedBlacks Announce Transactions - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Alouettes Add Defensive Back Ciante Evans to the Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Ink Pair - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Add Int LB Freddie Bishop III - Toronto Argonauts
- CFL and CFLPA Ratify New Collective Agreement - CFL
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver Sumpter - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.