Central Division Champs Milwaukee Wave Take Down Tropics, 7-3
MILWAUKEE - The Florida Tropics SC couldn't muster much offense in their next-to-last game of the season Saturday night, falling to the Central Division champion Milwaukee Wave, 7-3.
Florida will close its 2017-18 season with a road date against the Kansas City Comets Sunday in a 6:05 eastern standard time kickoff. After posting an 8-12 record in their inaugural Major Arena Soccer League season in 2016-2017, the Tropics will head to KC with a mark of 10-11.
The Wave, now 17-5, took a 3-0 lead to intermission, which included a goal by Angel Curiel with just 1.1 seconds to go before the half. Florida managed just seven shots on goal in the first two quarters before a UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena crowd of 5,953.
Milwaukee stretched that lead by two in the third quarter, which included Ian Bennett's 48th goal of the season, before Freddy Moojen broke the shutout bid with a powerplay goal less than two minutes into the final frame. Lucas Coutinho and Lucas Montelares also added fourth quarter goals for the Tropics.
Sunday's game in Kansas City will kick off at 6:05 EST, can be seen live on the league's YouTube channel.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 3, 2018
- Wave Finish Regular Season with aVictory against Florida Tropics - Milwaukee Wave
- Central Division Champs Milwaukee Wave Take Down Tropics, 7-3 - Florida Tropics SC
- Stars Outshine Comets 7-6 in Overtime - Tacoma Stars
- Kansas City Comets Lose Heartbreaker in Overtime - Kansas City Comets
- Sockers Prepare for Playoffs with Finale against El Paso - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Tropics USL PDL Team Qualify for US Open Cup
- Tropics Raise over $1100 for American Heart Association Through Specialty Jersey Auction
- Six Straight Second Half KC Goals Sink Tropics in Season Finale, 10-6
- Central Division Champs Milwaukee Wave Take Down Tropics, 7-3
- Florida Tropics SC Close out 2017-18 Season with Road Stops in Milwaukee and Kansas City