CBS Sports Net Announces NBA Development League Schedule
November 14, 2012 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
CBS Sports Network hits the hardwood for its first season of NBA Development League coverage with a slate of 10 regular season games, two games from the NBA D-League Showcase, as well as playoff games and exclusive coverage of the NBA D-League Finals. The schedule tips-off on Monday, Jan. 7 as the Springfield Armor visits the Reno Bighorns (10:00 PM, ET) in a 2013 NBA D-League Showcase game.
The Network will also air NBA ACTION, a weekly show providing an inside look at the NBA's top players, games and storylines. The show airs this Friday, Nov. 16 (1:00 AM, ET). Beginning in January, NBA ACTION airs every Friday at 5:30 PM, ET.
Additionally, CBS Sports Network will provide exclusive coverage of the NBA D-League 3-Point Shootout and the NBA D-League Slam Dunk Contest from the 2013 NBA D-League Showcase on Thursday, Jan. 10 (7:00 PM, ET).
The complete schedule is included below.
The NBA D-League features 16 teams with direct affiliations to NBA franchises. The league is a proven developer of talent with 20 percent of players on 2012-13 NBA opening-day rosters having NBA D-League experience.
CBS Sports Network is the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports. The Network covers over 350 live games annually, showcasing more than 30 men's and women's sports, in addition to a variety of studio shows, documentaries and original programs. The Network's live programming is highlighted by college sports and also features professional lacrosse, Professional Bull Riding (PBR), the sports news and commentary shows ROME and LEAD OFF, the weekly studio show NFL MONDAY QB and the TIM BRANDO SHOW.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 613 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, and to access the CBS Sports Network channel finder, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 14, 2012
- Three Bighorns Home Games to be Nationally Televised - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Waive Arron Mollet and Harouna Mutombo - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Announce National and Local Television Games - Idaho Stampede
- Two Santa Cruz Warriors Home Games Will be Nationally Televised - Santa Cruz Warriors
- CBS Sports Net Announces NBA Development League Schedule - G League
- Boston Celtics Assign Joseph and Melo to NBA D-League Affiliate Maine Red - G League
- Celtics Assign Two to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Houston Rockets Assign Machado and Montejunas to NBA D-League Affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.