Canton Owner Issues Guarantee
CANTON, Ohio - The owner of the Canton Cougars is so confident in the personnel changes this week that he is putting his money where his mouth is.
"We will beat Saginaw," said Andrew Haines.
If the Cougars are not successful in backing up Haines' words, the boastful owner will give every fan in attendance a free ticket voucher to attend another Canton game.
The Cougars (0-3) is the only team in the Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) yet to secure a victory, while Saginaw (2-1) brings a powerful offense to the game. Sting quarterback Tommy Jones is second in the league in passing.
"I know we have gotten off to a slow start," said Haines. "However, we have tweaked our roster and brought in some veterans players to counter our youthfulness. I am so confident in this team that I am willing to lose thousands of dollars if we are defeated."
Kickoff for the game is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 21 at the Canton Civic Center.
• Discuss this story on the Ultimate Indoor Football League message board...
Ultimate Indoor Football League Stories from March 14, 2011
- Canton Owner Issues Guarantee - Canton Cougars
- Northern Kentucky's Douse Earns Weekly Laurel - Northern Kentucky River Monsters
- UIFL Names Weekly Award Winners - UIFL
- Hammer Topple Sting - Huntington Hammer
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Cougars Stories
- Two-Time Ohio State University National Championship Center Signs with Cougars
- Ohio University QB Boo Jackson Signs with Canton Cougars
- Canton Cougars Re-Sign WR Nate Ford and for 2012
- Canton Cougars Sign D3 All American Lambert Budzinski and Rashan Hall for 2012
- Cougars Hire David Lopez as the New Sales and Marketing Director