Buzz to play tonight in Real Run Basketball League
Carson, CA - The Carson Buzz of the ABA will start play tonight, July 20th in the Real Run Basketball League. Tipoff is at 6pm and admission is free. The Real Run is played at Veterans Park Sports Complex, home of the 2006-2007 Carson Buzz, located at 22400 S. Moneta Ave, Carson, CA 90745.
"This will be great for us to play in the great league. Not only do some of the best NBA players play in this league, but it is held at of new home. What better way to introduce ourselves to the City of Carson" stated Buzz GM/Head Coach Burrel Lee III.
"We had a bad showing at the NBA Summer Pro League, but we were young and the SPL stage gave us a place to play and see where our young players were at" added Assistant Coach Ramel Lloyd (who will be in uniform tonight for the Buzz).
NBA players who are playing in the Real Run are Bo Outlaw, Penny Hardaway, Baron Davis, Amir Johnson, Trevor Ariza, Antione Walker, Devon George, and many many others.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from July 20, 2006
- Sound season and multi-game tickets now on sale - Strong Island Sound
- RazorSharks Re-Sign Head Coach Rod Baker - Rochester RazorSharks
- Buzz to play tonight in Real Run Basketball League - Maywood Buzz
- Boston's own to operate new Boston ABA team - Boston Blizzard
- Toledo Ice player makes it to final cut for Nigerian National team - Toledo Royal Knights
- Frenzy rise to the occassion - Cape Cod Frenzy
- Rollers announce tryout camp - Rockford Fury
- Frost Heaves to stage veterans camp - Vermont Frost Heaves
- Wilmington schedules news conference - Wilmington Sea Dawgs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.