Burlington Bees Thank Save MiLB Task Force
Burlington, Iowa - The Burlington Bees today praised the newly created Save Minor League Baseball Task Force that has been organized by members of Congress to prevent Major League Baseball (MLB) from eliminating 42 minor league franchises, nearly one quarter of all minor league teams around the country.
"We appreciate the support of Rep. Lori Trahan (D.-Massachusetts), David McKinley (R-W.Va.) and the members of the task force in standing up for Minor League Baseball and speaking out against MLB's effort cast off thousands of jobs, reduce affordable, family-friendly entertainment and undermine grassroots support for our great game," said General Manager Kim Parker.
The Burlington Bees have been identified as one of the 42 franchises facing elimination under the MLB proposal.
Minor league teams are vital to the social and economic lives of millions of Americans; they support scores of local businesses and jobs, provide accessible entertainment, help promote tourism spending and donate tens of millions of dollars in charitable contributions.
"With this proposal, MLB is willing to break the hearts of dozens of communities across the country," said Parker. "We are going to resist this plan and are gratified that so many in Congress are willing to join with us."
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from December 4, 2019
- Clinton LumberKings Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Clinton LumberKings
- Kane County Cougars Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Kane County Cougars
- Burlington Bees Thank Save MiLB Task Force - Burlington Bees
- Hot Rods Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- River Bandits Support Save Minor League Baseball Task Force - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.