Bullard suspension reduced to eight games
July 3, 2003 - arenafootball2 (af2) News Release
CHICAGO - As a result of an appeal, OL/DL THADDEUS BULLARD'S one-year ban from af2 has been reduced to an eight-game suspension retroactive to Week 10, the af2 League office announced today. Bullard, traded to the Florida Firecats on June 2, will be eligible to play in the final week of the regular season when the Firecats play the Columbus Wardogs.
Bullard was involved in an off-field altercation with another player after a game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton as a member of the Greensboro Prowlers on May 23 and was initially suspended for one calendar year. Bullard immediately appealed the decision and af2 Executive Director JAY MARCUS reviewed the case.
Marcus received and reviewed statements from coaches and players involved in the altercation. In addition, Marcus took into consideration Bullard's extensive record of service to the youth of his community and the lasting positive impact that he has made in the lives of at-risk children. Moreover, Bullard advised Marcus that he regrets the incident, and that he was confident that there would be no altercations of this nature in the future.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 3, 2003
- Nian Taylor to Miss Tulsa Game - Hawaiian Islanders
- Hawaiian Islanders Game Notes - Hawaiian Islanders
- Steamwheelers Francis Breaks Single Game Sack Record - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Steamwheelers Receivers Close to af2 History - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Bullard suspension reduced to eight games - af2
- af2 Saturday Night Matchups - af2
- Xplorers And DeSoto Athletic Club Give Out Water Bottles This Weekend - Memphis Xplorers
- Ms. Pioneer Pageant Tonight - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Swamp Foxes Shoot for Seven this Saturday - Charleston Swamp Foxes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.