Bruins Drop Both Games on Weekend in Two Hard-Fought Battles
AUSTIN, Minn. - The Bruins dropped back-to-back games against the Minot Minotauros on the weekend, falling 2-0 on Friday and 4-2 on Saturday.
In a pair of nights that were filled with explosive play and plenty of action, things got started off with a Connor Mylymok winning a fight only two and a half minutes into Friday's game. Minot battled and took the lead in the second period and also added an empty-netter to take the 2-0 win.
On Saturday night, things started quickly once again as Minot hopped out to a 1-0 lead only 55 seconds after the puck drop. Andy Willis was having none of that and added his fifth goal of the season only 30 seconds later, a retaliatory shot to tie things at one goal apiece. Minot added two more to enjoy a 3-1 lead but the Bruins weren't going down without a fight. The black and gold took advantage of a Minot miscue and Dante Zapata slipped the puck into an empty net for the Bruins second goal of the game.
Trailing by one, the Bruins came inches away from tying the game when Andy Willis's wrist-shot rang off the crossbar but the puck jumped out of play. Moments later, Minot tacked on an empty net goal to seal the game and the 4-2 victory.
The Bruins are back at home this coming weekend with a pair of games against another Central Division Rival, the Bismarck Bobcats. Tickets go on sale Monday, November 12 at all the Bruins ticket locations for both games.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2018
- Jacks Beat Pilots 3-2 in Shootout, Complete Weekend Sweep - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Shut out IceRays Sunday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Pilots Suffer First Overtime Loss of the Season - Topeka Pilots
- Bruins Drop Both Games on Weekend in Two Hard-Fought Battles - Austin Bruins
- Brahmas Sweep the Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Scoring Frenzy Ends in Favor of Titans - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- IceRays Rally for Thrilling Comeback Win over Amarillo - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Jacks Defeat Pilots 5-4 in Overtime Thriller - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Fall 5-4 in Shootout to Rays - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Sixth Straight Win for Bruins, Double up Bismarck 4-2
- Stauber Loaned to USHL Dubuque, Makes Debut
- Five Game Win Streak Intact, Bruins Have Tough Battle with Bismarck
- Bruins Earn Fourth and Fifth Straight Wins with Road Sweep of Brookings
- Bruins Goaltender Miller Loaned to Cedar Rapids of USHL