Brandt, Stecklein, Whitecaps Shine at Minnesota Sports Awards
Minnesota Whitecaps Hannah Brandt and Lee Stecklein took the stage Wednesday night at the Minnesota Sports Awards, while Whitecaps coaches Ronda Engelhardt and Laura Slominski and captain Winny Brodt Brown also joined the festivities at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
The pair of Olympic gold medalists spoke on a panel, discussing growing up without the promise of playing professionally and what it means to have that reality now. They also discussed the Whitecaps' unbeaten start and enticed the crowd to continue to follow the team.
The Whitecaps representatives also spoke with legendary Star Tribune columnist Sid Hartman, who was inducted into the Minnesota Sports Hall of Fame at 98 years old.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from October 25, 2018
- Brandt, Stecklein, Whitecaps Shine at Minnesota Sports Awards - Minnesota Whitecaps
- Winning Ways Continue for Boston's Katie Burt - Boston Pride
- Warrior Hockey Becomes An Official Partner of the Boston Pride - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Whitecaps Stories
- Jonna Curtis Named Newcomer of the Year
- In Overtime Classic, Minnesota Whitecaps Win Isobel Cup to Cap Historic First NWHL Season
- Whitecaps Top Rivs, Host Isobel Cup Final on Sunday
- Whitecaps Ready to Roll in Semifinal
- Whitecaps, Fans Break Record for Fastest Sold-Out Game