Brandt, Stecklein, Whitecaps Shine at Minnesota Sports Awards
Minnesota Whitecaps Hannah Brandt and Lee Stecklein took the stage Wednesday night at the Minnesota Sports Awards, while Whitecaps coaches Ronda Engelhardt and Laura Slominski and captain Winny Brodt Brown also joined the festivities at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
The pair of Olympic gold medalists spoke on a panel, discussing growing up without the promise of playing professionally and what it means to have that reality now. They also discussed the Whitecaps' unbeaten start and enticed the crowd to continue to follow the team.
The Whitecaps representatives also spoke with legendary Star Tribune columnist Sid Hartman, who was inducted into the Minnesota Sports Hall of Fame at 98 years old.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from October 25, 2018
- Brandt, Stecklein, Whitecaps Shine at Minnesota Sports Awards - Minnesota Whitecaps
- Winning Ways Continue for Boston's Katie Burt - Boston Pride
- Warrior Hockey Becomes An Official Partner of the Boston Pride - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Whitecaps Stories
- Menke's Five-Point Weekend Earns Her VEDA Player of the Week
- Whitecaps Get Back in Win Column with 4-1 Victory over Whale
- Stecklein's Late Goal Propels Whitecaps to Win over Beauts at KeyBank Center
- Whitecaps Squeeze by Beauts Once Again to Remain Unbeaten
- Curtis Strikes Again as Whitecaps Edge Beauts to Remain Only Undefeated Team