Boston Signs RPI's Marisa Raspa
A year ago, Marisa Raspa graduated Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a degree in Business and Management and with four seasons as a rugged forward on RPI's hockey team under her belt. Today, she is a tech consultant in the Boston offices of Ernst and Young, and a member of Boston's professional women's hockey team.
Over the weekend, the 23-year-old Raspa finalized her contract with general manager Karilyn Pilch and head coach Paul Mara to play the upcoming NWHL season with the Boston Pride. Raspa joins a Pride lineup deep in talented forwards.
"My life has always revolved around hockey, so being able to continue to play after college in the NWHL is a dream come true," said Raspa, a 5-3 forward from Downingtown, Pennsylvania. "I am thrilled to be a part of the Boston Pride organization and excited to play in such an amazing city. I'm going to continue to work on all aspects of my game, and help my teammates in every way possible."
After three years developing as a player at NAHA, Raspa went on to a 131-game career at RPI. She demonstrated her ability at Boston's free agent camp last month.
"I really like Marisa's tenacity and how she does the little things that makes her linemates better," said Mara.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Minnesota Native Stephanie Anderson Returns Home to Sign with Whitecaps - Minnesota Whitecaps
- Goaltender Cassandra Goyette Signed by the Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Boston Signs RPI's Marisa Raspa - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Lovisa Selander, NCAA All-Time Saves Leader, Signs with the Boston Pride
- RPI's Whitney Renn Signed by the Boston Pride
- Harvard Captain, All-Ivy League Defender Briana Mastel Signs with the Boston Pride
- Former BU Goalie Victoria Hanson Joins the Pride
- Boston Signs RPI's Marisa Raspa