Board of Directors of American Basketball Association, Inc. Votes to Remove CEO
February 5, 2007 - American Basketball Association (ABA) News Release
(Indianapolis, Indiana)...The American Basketball Association, Inc. (otcbb "ABKB") announced today that the Board of Directors has voted to remove Joseph Newman as its Chief Executive Officer. No changes to the Board of Directors have been made. The Board of Directors has indicated that the change was necessary in order for the American Basketball Association, Inc. to protect and continue to best serve the interest of its shareholders.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from February 5, 2007
- Sea Dawgs Defeat the Nighthawks - Wilmington Sea Dawgs
- Joe Newman to remain as ABA CEO - ABA
- Board of Directors of American Basketball Association, Inc. Votes to Remove CEO - ABA
- Imperials imposing defense leads to victory - Palm Beach Imperials
- Riverhawks go 3-0 over weekend - Quad City Riverhawks
- Quebec wins two over weekend - Kebs de Laval
- Top five remain same in ABA Power Rankings - ABA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.