Blue Coats Beat Nets for Sixth Straight Win
ORLANDO - The Delaware Blue Coats (6-0), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Long Island Nets (2-4), 130-127, on Friday night at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Florida. The Blue Coats made a G League season-high 21 three-pointers (14 in the first half) for the second straight game and remain the league's only unbeaten team.
Jared Brownridge paced the Blue Coats with a game-high 29 points (9-13 FG, 7-11 3FG, 2-3 FT) in 33 minutes off the bench. His seven three-pointers are tied for the most in a single G League game this season. 76ers two-way contract player Paul Reed delivered his sixth consecutive double-double to begin the season with 23 points (9-12 FG, 3-3 3FG, 1-1 FT), 10 rebounds, two steals and three blocks in 26 minutes before fouling out.
Jordan Bone came off the Delaware bench to score 21 points on 6-13 shooting from the field, 3-5 from three-point range and a perfect 5-5 from the free-throw line. 76ers two-way contract player Rayjon Tucker tallied 18 points (6-10 FG, 2-4 3FG, 2-2 FT), three rebounds and a game-high-tying seven assists in 33 minutes as a starter.
Six Blue Coats scored in double figures for the third straight game. Defensively, they recorded a season-high 10 blocked shots. Justin Robinson and Ivan Rabb joined Reed with three blocked shots each.
Long Island also had three players post 20-plus points, led by Jeremiah Martin's 25 points (9-16 FG, 1-2 3FG, 3-3 FT), eight rebounds and game-high-tying seven assists. Brooklyn Nets two-way contract player Reggie Perry notched a double-double with 24 points and a game-high 11 rebounds in a team-high 33 minutes. BJ Johnson scored 15 of his 22 points in the second half.
The Blue Coats shot .622 (28-45) from the field and .667 (14-21) from three-point range in the first half en route to a 76-57 halftime lead. The Nets later outscored Delaware 37-24 in the fourth quarter.
UP NEXT: The Blue Coats will take on the Austin Spurs on Sunday at 7 p.m. ET. The Spurs are 5-1 heading into their Saturday night matchup against the Westchester Knicks. The Delaware-Austin game on Sunday can be seen locally on DETV Channel 28 and heard on Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS-FM.
Images from this story
Delaware Blue Coats exchange high fives
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2021
- Blue Coats Beat Nets for Sixth Straight Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- Second Quarter Struggles Clip Charge - Canton Charge
- Clippers Charge past Canton behind 28 from Wallace - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Hustle Cruise to 118-98 Victory over Swarm - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Edges Magic to Improve to 5-1 - Oklahoma City Blue
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Shakur Juiston - Memphis Hustle
- Warriors Acquire Isaiah Brown - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Acquire Galen Robinson Jr. - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Add Desure Buie - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Greensboro Swarm Defeated by Memphis Hustle - Greensboro Swarm
- Patton Signs Two-Way Contract with Houston Rockets - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Winning Basketball Spurs Momentum for 21-22
- Reed Collects League Awards with Historic Tally
- Paul Reed Named to All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Team and All-Defensive Team
- Paul Reed Named 2021 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year
- Coats Staff Key to 2021 Success