Blazers Sign 2020 Draft Pick Luke Korte
Kamloops, BC - The Kamloops Blazers have signed forward Luke Korte to a standard WHL player agreement. Korte was selected by the Blazers in the third round, 52nd overall in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft.
"We are excited that Luke and his family have committed to the Kamloops Blazers organization," commented General Manager, Matt Bardsley. "He is an exciting player to watch who uses his high hockey sense along with skating and puck skills to be an offensive threat. He has the ability to make players better," said Bardsley.
Korte, who is from Saskatoon, spent the 2019-20 season with the West Vancouver Warriors of the Canadian Sport School Hockey League. He had 19 goals, 40 assists and 59 points in 28 games.
The 2005-born forward will play this season for the Saskatoon Contacts of the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League. Their program has a strong history of preparing players for the WHL. Some alumni of their program includes current Blazer Connor Zary as well as signed prospects Logan Bairos and Tye Spencer.
Korte joins first round pick Kaden Hammell as the second prospect to sign from the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft class.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 6, 2020
- Blazers Sign 2020 Draft Pick Luke Korte - Kamloops Blazers
- Cossa Recounts Experiences Through Fires, Flooding and COVID-19 in Hometown Fort McMurray - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kamloops Blazers Stories
- Kamloops Blazers' Teddy Bear Toss Is Here - Online
- Zary, Garand Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp
- Two Blazers on NHL Central Scouting Watch List
- Connor Zary Selected in the 1st Round, 24th Overall by the Calgary Flames in the 2020 NHL Draft
- Blazers to Host Pro D Hockey Camp on Friday, October 23