Bighorns Trade for Durrell Summers
RENO, NEV., Oct. 24, 2014- The Reno Bighorns completed a trade today with the Idaho Stampede, with Reno acquiring the player rights for Durrell Summers. Idaho will receive the Bighorns original 2014 and 2015 fifth round draft picks.
Summers (6'5", 205), played collegiately at Michigan State University and was drafted in the second round of the 2011 NBA Development League Draft by the Maine Red Claws. A month later, Summers was then signed by the Charlotte Bobcats (Charlotte Hornets).
Summers was selected by the Santa Cruz Warriors in the 2012 NBA Development League Draft, then traded to the Stampede.
During the 2012-13 season, in 48 games with Idaho, Summers averaged 16 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. Summers started 41 of his 48 games with the Stampede.
The Bighorns tip-off Friday, November 14 at the Reno Events Center against the Iowa Energy at 7 p.m.
To purchase single game tickets as low as $8, discounted group tickets, or season tickets starting at just $4 per game, fans can visit www.RenoBighorns.com or call 775-853-8220.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 24, 2014
- Bighorns Trade for Durrell Summers - Reno Bighorns
- Stampede Acquires Three Draft Picks - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Announce Bank 2 Achieve Program with InTouch Credit Union - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors