Big Storm Brewing Extends Partnership with the Tampa Bay Rowdies
ST. PETERSBURG, FL - The Tampa Bay Rowdies and Big Storm Brewing Co. announced today it is extending its official partnership. As part of the deal, Big Storm will continue brewing a special lager for the United Soccer League team called "Kick in the Grass."
"Few things are more authentically St. Petersburg than taking in a Rowdies game at Al Lang Stadium. We're proud to continue sharing in that excitement and being part of a fan experience like no other," said Big Storm co-owner L.J. Govoni. "Our special brew celebrates everything that's awesome about the team and the community it represents."
During the 2018 season, Kick in the Grass will again be available on draft at Al Lang Stadium. But new in 2018, Kick in the Grass will also now be sold in 16-ounce cans at Rowdies home games. Four-packs (picture attached) of the lager will also be available at select Tampa Bay retailers.
A portion of the proceeds from Kick in the Grass will be donated to The Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts, which funds arts education for school children while providing its member patrons with unequaled services, entertainment and cultural experiences.
The Rowdies regular season home opener is Saturday, March 24 against Bethlehem Steel FC at Al Lang Stadium.
*ABOUT BIG STORM:* Big Storm is one of the fastest growing independent craft breweries in Florida. Founded in 2012 by Mike Bishop, Big Storm currently has three taprooms in the Sunshine State; Clearwater, Odessa and Cape Coral.
Led by Head Brewer, Joel Moore, Big Storm's innovative craft beers have received critical acclaim for the past six consecutive years, winning 2016's Best Florida Beer Championship with its Oktoberfest Mî=A4rzen Lager.
In addition to its partnership with the Tampa Bay Rowdies, Big Storm is also an official partner with the National Hockey League's Tampa Bay Lightning. In 2017, the brewery also unveiled a collaboration with William Dean Chocolates, the company that made the chocolates featured in the Hunger Games movies, to produce a chocolate toffee stout beer called Cocoa Convergence.
Today, Big Storm is a true pioneer using locally sourced ingredients like citrus and wildflower honey, brewing more than 50 different beers, including their popular Arcus IPA, Wavemaker Amber Ale, Tropic Pressure Florida Ale, Palm Bender Gulf Coast IPA and Oats in Hose Oatmeal Stout.
Images from this story
"Kick in the Grass" lager
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 6, 2018
- Penn FC Signs Romuald Peiser - Penn FC
- Louisville City FC and GE Appliances Announce Extension of Official Partnership - Louisville City FC
- Independence Ink FC Zurich, Basel Veteran - Charlotte Independence
- Kingsgate Logistics Becomes Official Sports Sponsor of FCC - FC Cincinnati
- USL's Week Ahead: Final Week of Preseason Brings Marquee Matches Across League - USL
- Big Storm Brewing Extends Partnership with the Tampa Bay Rowdies - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Rowdies Stories
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Dominate Richmond 3-0 for Third-Straight Win
- Rowdies Earn Massive Win in Nashville
- Guenzatti Fires Tampa Bay Rowdies Past Atlanta 1-0
- Guenzatti Hat Trick Gives Rowdies 3-0 Win over North Carolina
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Fall to Cincinnati on Pair of Penalty Kicks