Bandits Sign Trio to One-Year Deals
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Bandits today announced the team has signed forward Tye Argent and transition players Joel Matthews and Carter Stefaniak to one-year contracts, pending league approval.
Argent (6'0", 170 lbs., 6/19/1999) was selected by Buffalo in the fifth round (73rd overall) of the 2020 NLL Entry Draft last week. The Hamilton, Ontario native posted nine points (5+4) in seven OJALL games with the Burlington Chiefs in 2019 before recording 29 points (14+15) in 11 games with the Six Nations Snipers of the Arena Lacrosse League in 2020.
A native of Lancaster, New York, Stefaniak (5'11", 176 lbs., 6/15/1998) was the team's sixth-round pick (89th overall) in the 2020 NLL Entry Draft. The transition player finished his collegiate career with 95 points (75+20) in 52 NCAA games for Canisius College, earning All-MAAC honors in 2018 and 2019.
Matthews (6'3", 227 lbs., 2/28/1991) made his NLL debut in 2014 for the Bandits before playing three seasons for the Rochester Knighthawks. In 17 career NLL games, the St. Catharines, Ontario native has recorded 18 points (7+11) and recovered 45 loose balls.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 24, 2020
- Seals Sign Two Draftees - San Diego Seals
- Bandits Sign Trio to One-Year Deals - Buffalo Bandits
- Friesen Signs One-Year Agreement - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Bandits Sign McCulley, La Roue to Two-Year Contracts - Buffalo Bandits
- Swarm Ink Miles Silva to a Two-Year Deal - Georgia Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.