Bandits Finalize Roster Move
ROSEMONT - The Chicago Bandits have released shortstop Delaney Spaulding, team officials announced Thursday afternoon.
Spaulding batted .289 across 17 games with the Bandits during her rookie campaign in Chicago. She recorded four at-bats throughout the 2018 NPF Championship Series.
"We thank Delaney for her contributions to our organization during the 2018 season," Bandits general manager Toni Calmeyn said. "However, we decided it was best to part ways."
Spaulding, who played collegiately at UCLA, signed with the Bandits as a free agent Oct. 3, 2017.
Rookie infielder DJ Sanders split time with Spaulding at shortstop during the 2018 season and excelled at the plate. The former Oregon standout, who signed a three-year contract with the Bandits on June 7, 2018, amassed an impressive .306 clip at the plate with seven home runs and 15 RBI as first-year pro.
The four-time Cowles Cup champion Chicago Bandits will be back at Parkway Bank Sports Complex for the 2019 season. For more information about the Chicago Bandits or to reserve your season tickets, please visit chicagobandits.com or call the box office at 877-722-6348.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from November 8, 2018
- Bandits Finalize Roster Move - Chicago Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Bandits Stories
- Chicago Bandits Announce Two Series 4 Events for 2020 NPF Season
- Bandits Overcome Pride with Wild Finish in Regular Season Finale
- Bandits Defeat Pride to Extend Winning Streak to 15 on Bandit Legends Night
- Bandits Win Regular Season Title
- Bandits Take Both Games of Doubleheader Against Beijing