Bandits Acquire Cloutier from Philadelphia
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Bandits today announced the team has acquired forward Chris Cloutier from the Philadelphia Wings in exchange for transition player Ryan Wagner and a first-round pick in the 2021 NLL Entry Draft, pending league approval.
Cloutier (6'1", 227 lbs., 12/4/1995) spent the first part of the season playing for the Wings after being selected by the team in the first round (2nd overall) of the 2018 NLL Entry Draft. In seven games with the club, Cloutier has recorded 24 points (7+17) and currently ranks second among all rookies in scoring.
Prior to turning pro, the Kitchener, Ontario native, played four seasons of collegiate lacrosse at the University of North Carolina, recording 149 points (111+38) in 50 games with the team. He led the Tar Heels in scoring in both 2017 and 2018 and won the NCAA National Championship with the team in 2016.
Wagner (6'1", 190 lbs., 5/14/1994) spent parts of two seasons with the Bandits (2017-2019), playing in 19 games and recording 11 points (1+10). A native of Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Wagner signed with the Bandits as a free agent on Aug. 1, 2017 after spending the previous two seasons playing for the Vancouver Stealth.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 6, 2019
- Vancouver Warriors Announce Broadcast Agreement with Rogers Sportsnet - Vancouver Warriors
- Knighthawks Sign Nick Damude to Practice Contract - Rochester Knighthawks
- Wings Acquire Wagner - Philadelphia Wings
- Bandits Acquire Cloutier from Philadelphia - Buffalo Bandits
- Black Wolves Make Roster Moves - New England Black Wolves
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.