Atlanta Receives Roach from Providence
DULUTH, Ga. - The Providence Bruins of the AHL have assigned defenseman Alex Roach to Atlanta, the Gladiators announced on Wednesday.
Roach, 23, signed in the offseason with Atlanta's AHL affiliate, the Providence Bruins, after a career year with the Manchester Monarchs of the ECHL. The Quesnel, BC native led the Monarchs' defensemen in assists (24) and was second in points (30) in 64 games played for the Los Angeles Kings' affiliate last year. Prior to the start of his pro career, the 6-foot-5, 225-pound defender led the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL's defensive core in scoring each of his last two seasons as he posted 93 points in 118 games. In a separate transaction, rookie forward Kenny Brooks has been released from his standard professional contract. The Atlanta Gladiators 14th season continues at the Infinite Energy Arena on Friday, November 4th against the Elmira Jackals at 7:35 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 11,355-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
For all the latest team news, contests, and more visit AtlantaGladiators.com, or "like" the Gladiators on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AtlantaGladiators), follow the team on Twitter (www.twitter.com/ATLGladiators), Instagram (www.instagram.com/atlgladiators) or Snapchat (www.snapchat.com) at "gladshockey".
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 2, 2016
- Walters, Rush Down Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Get Two Points on Home Ice - Rapid City Rush
- Fronk's Hat-Trick Sparks Oilers to Fifth Straight Home Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Power Past Rivals - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Colorado's Pierro-Zabotel Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - November 2 - ECHL
- Veterans & Military Weekend Takes Place this Friday & Saturday - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Receives Roach from Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Skate with the Mallards Sunday - Quad City Mallards
- Rampage Assign Boikov, Simpson to Eagles, Lieuwen - Colorado Eagles
- Jackals Set to Host NHL 17 Tournament - Elmira Jackals
- Baker Impresses, Earns First Beast Callup to AHL - Brampton Beast
- CYCLONES GAME NOTES: vs Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Partner with RiverDogs, Battery to Provide Hurricane Relief - South Carolina Stingrays
- Eagles Trade Angeli to Norfolk for Future - Colorado Eagles
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Colorado Eagles (Wednesday, - Reading Royals
- Game Day Storylines- vs Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Toledo's Tyson Spink Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Phillips Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa's Phillips Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Tonight Is $1 Hot Dog at BOK Center - Oilers Host Utah at 7:05PM - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.