Argos Extend CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Ryan Hunter
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced today they have extended Canadian OL Ryan Hunter.
Hunter, 28, suited up for 18 games in 2023 for an offensive line that allowed a league low 19 sacks, 14 clear of the next best team in the CFL and the second-best mark in Argo history. For his efforts, the 6'3, 315lb offensive lineman was nominated as a CFL All-Star for the first time in his two-year CFL career. The North Bay native joined the Boatmen in 2022 and played five games down the stretch for the team including the Eastern Final and the Grey Cup becoming one of just a handful of players to win both a Grey Cup and Super Bowl. Hunter was a first round draft choice of the Argos in 2018 but opted to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs where he would spend the next two seasons, including being on the active roster for Super Bowl LIV. The Bowling Green product would sign with the Los Angeles Chargers in October of 2020 and spend two seasons on the practice squad before his move to the Argos.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 12, 2024
- Stampeders Sign Darius Hodge - Calgary Stampeders
- Former Bearcat Elijah Ponder Joins Roughriders - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Richard Leonard Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Sign Jacob Ruby - Ottawa RedBlacks
- No. 4 Micah Johnson Signs Extension for 4th Season in Green and White - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Extend All-Star Defensive Lineman Sayles Through 2025 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Announce 2024 Coaching Staff - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Argos Extend CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Ryan Hunter - Toronto Argonauts
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Money Hunter - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Blue Bombers Re-Sign Shayne Gauthier - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.