Anthony Anderson Named PBL Player of the Week
The Premier Basketball League is pleased to announce that Anthony Anderson of the Saint John Mill Rats has been named Player of the Week for the week ending February 6, 2011. This is the second time Anderson, a 5'11" guard from the University of Massachusetts, has earned this award; he won it last year as a member of the Manchester (N.H.) Millrats, the team that relocated to Saint John, N.B. this season. The Player of the Week award is voted on by a select PBL committee of owners, general managers and coaches.
In Thursday night's 108-92 victory over the Quebec Kebs, Anderson scored 24 points on 9-for-10 shooting from the floor, as well as a pair of 3-pointers. He also dished out nine team-high assists in the victory.
Other players receiving consideration for Player of the Week honors were Josh Dollard of the Halifax Rainmen, Kenny Jones of the Kentucky Bluegrass Stallions, DeAndre Thomas of the Lawton-Fort Sill Cavalry, Carl Mitchell of the Quebec Kebs, and Eric Walton of the Rochester Razorsharks.
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from February 10, 2011
- Meet Todd McCoy - Rochester RazorSharks
- Mike Anderson Re-Activated - Saint John Riptide
- Anthony Anderson Named PBL Player of the Week - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saint John Riptide Stories
- Saint John Riptide Training Camp Underway
- Upcoming Important Dates for the Saint John Riptide
- Saint John Riptide Season Ticket Member Only Prize Draws Start Monday
- Saint John Riptide Season Ticket Packages Available Now
- Riptide Defeat Moncton to Force Game 4 Saturday Night