Ally Watt Ruled out of NWSL Challenge Cup with Knee Injury
Herriman, Utah - North Carolina Courage forward Ally Watt has been ruled out for the rest of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup after suffering a tear to her anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in her right knee during the first match of the tournament.
Watt made her NWSL debut in the match after being drafted 6th overall in the 2020 NWSL Draft out of Texas A&M. The NC Courage play the Washington Spirit tomorrow, July 1 at 10 p.m. ET on CBS All Access.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 30, 2020
- Dash Draw 3-3 with Utah Royals FC to Open NWSL Challenge Cup - Houston Dash
- NWSL Challenge Cup Preview: Wednesday, July 1 - Orlando Pride
- Ally Watt Ruled out of NWSL Challenge Cup with Knee Injury - North Carolina Courage
- Utah Royals FC Earns Dramatic Draw in 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Opener - Utah Royals FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina Courage Stories
- NC Courage Remain a Perfect 4-0 in Challenge Cup Preliminary Round
- NC Courage Secure Top Seed, Look to Secure Fourth Win in Challenge Cup
- Abby Erceg's Game-Winner Gives North Carolina Courage Edge over Chicago Red Stars
- Courage to Face Washington Spirit to Continue Challenge Cup Preliminary Round
- NC Courage Defeat Washington Spirit 2-0 to Move into First Place in Challenge Cup