Allen Advances to Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Finals
April 23, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
GLENDALE, AZ (April 23, 2013) - The Allen Americans have completed the puzzle as to which teams will battle it out for the 2013 Ray Miron Presidents' Cup thanks to their Game 7 win over the Missouri Mavericks in their Conference Semifinals series. Allen's 7-3 victory on Tuesday night at the Allen Event Center earned the Americans their second appearance in the Finals and improved their record to 3-0 all-time in Game 7's.
The Americans previous Finals appearance came in 2010, the Americans expansion season, when they fell to the Rapid City Rush in six games (lost Game 6 in Rapid City in double overtime).
Prior to beating the Mavericks in the semifinals, the Americans won four straight games to beat the Denver Cutthroats in the Opening Round, four games to one.
Allen won the Bud Poile Governors' Cup after the regular season as the CHL point's champions finishing with a 39-18-9 record.
The Americans will now battle the second seeded Wichita Thunder in the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Final (Finals schedule will be announced shortly).
Follow all the CHL playoff news, notes and happenings on www.centralhockeyleague.com and at the CHL's Playoff Headquarters.
Allen Americans vs. Missouri Mavericks
Game 1 - Sun., Apr. 14 - Missouri 5 @ Allen 1
Game 2 - Mon., Apr. 15 - Missouri 1 @ Allen 4
Game 3 - Wed., Apr. 17 - Allen 3 @ Missouri 2 (OT)
Game 4 - Fri., Apr. 19 - Allen 8 @ Missouri 4
Game 5 - Sat., Apr.20 - Allen 2 @ Missouri 3 (OT)
Game 6 - Mon., Apr. 22 - Missouri 6 @ Allen 2
Game 7 - Tue., Apr. 23 - Missouri 3 @ Allen 7
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2013
- Americans Advance to 2013 Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Finals - Allen Americans
- Mavs to Host Season Celebration on Thursday, April 25 at IEC - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Announce Ray Miron President's Cup Finals Schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Season Ends in Game Seven Loss to Allen, 7-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen and Wichita to Meet in CHL Finals - CHL
- Allen Advances to Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Finals - CHL
- Sundogs Reach 201 New Season Tickets in 48 Hours - Arizona Sundogs
- Americans and Mavericks Tonight in Winner Take All Game Seven - Allen Americans
- Thunder Prepares for Ray Miron President's Cup Finals - Wichita Thunder
- Allen and Missouri Meet in 27th Game 7 in CHL History - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.