Aigles Split Series with 7-2 Victory
Trois-Rivieres jumped out to a 4-0 lead through two innings of play and would coast from there to a 7-2 win over New Jersey.
The Aigles had seven hits on the night, three of which were home runs. Trois-Rivieres 2B David Glaude led the charge going 3-for-4 with a home run, two runs scored and an RBI. Aigles RF Alberth Martinez launched a blast in a 1-for-3 night while CF/RF Raphael Gladu added a two-run shot in the fifth inning.
Trois-Rivieres starting pitcher Kevin McNorton allowed an earned run over five innings of work and earned the victory. The University of Tampa product gave up a walk and four hits and fanned four batters. With the win, McNorton finished the regular season at 10-7.
Catcher Chase Smartt had a 2-for-3 day with two RBIs in the loss for the Jackals.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Aigles Split Series with 7-2 Victory - New Jersey Jackals
- Baca Walks off Capitales to Give Champions 5-4 Victory in Final Game of 2019 - Ottawa Champions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Jackals Stories
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of Major League Baseball
- New Jersey Jackals Announce Job Fair Dates
- NJ Jackals Sign Can-Am League Player of the Year Alfredo Marte to Contract Extension
- New Jersey Jackals Sign RHP Dylan Brammer to Contract Extension
- NJ Jackals Acquire RHP John Hayes; Sign C-1B Richard Stock to Contract Extension