67's Aquire Winger Brendan Bell
(Ottawa ON.): The Ottawa 67's today announced that forward Brendan Bell has been acquired from the Barrie Colts in exchange for a 3rd round pick in the 2013 OHL Priority Selection Draft. Bell, a 6' 1" left winger, is expected to see his first action for Ottawa when they play in Plymouth this Friday night.
"Brendan is a strong two-way player who'll have an opportunity to play on a higher line here in Ottawa," said 67's Head Coach and General Manager Chris Byrne. "We've had our eye on him for quite a while and we're happy to be able to reach an agreement with the Colts to bring him to our team."
The 67's are currently without left-wingers Brett Gustavson and Daniel Walsh due to injury. Centres Tyler Graovac (upper body injury) and Sean Monahan (suspension) are also out of the lineup. Bell, who had 4 goals and 9 points in 26 games with the Colts this year, will be on the ice for his first practice with the 67's later today.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Generals Back on Top - Oshawa Generals
- Rangers Fall 3-1 to Knights - Kitchener Rangers
- Storm's Scott Kosmachuk Named CHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Movember Shave off Party Saturday - Windsor Spitfires
- Petes Defenceman to represent Slovakia - Peterborough Petes
- Bulls Hold Teddy Bear Toss/Toy Drive on Saturday - Belleville Bulls
- Teddy Bear Toss / Stuff-A-Bus this Friday - Soo Greyhounds
- 67's Aquire Winger Brendan Bell - Ottawa 67's
- Hounds Host Teddy Bear Toss, Stuff-A-Bus this Friday - Soo Greyhounds
- Sparks Toy Drive & Teddy Bear Toss Set for this Week - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.